Tuesday, February 11, 2014



This week went so extremely fast! I couldn't believe it! We had MLC at the mission home on Tuesday! It was so much fun--  we learned a lot and it was focused a lot on our teaching skill and how we can improve as well as companion unity! No worries, Sis Manosig and I are unified! We have a lot of fun and just go with the flow! We had a good zone meeting, We trained and I think they took a lot from it, or I hope they did!

We had a good week of teachings! All of our investigators are coming right along! Thursday I had a good experience with our Recent Convert, Sister Socorro! She is the 76 year old lady! First we walk in and she is sewing some clothes, so before we could ask, she is sewing clothes so that she can see them to make money to pay her tithing! HAHA what a champ! I love her! We were teaching her about temples and family history, and she is the one with no kids and no husband. Well last week we taught temple marriage and it went well. But today we tried to focus more on preparing for the temple and doing family history! But she looked at us and was so excited to start preparing for the temple! She of course is a little sad that she hasnt had a husband but she started to cry and just kept thanking us! She told us that God has kept her healthy so that she could hear this message! Then I started to cry just thinking that we helped her! We helped her accept this message. She was so grateful and I touched my heart that she was so happy! She promised never to be absent from church! She is one that will be always in my memory! It doesnt matter your age, God loves you and he is always going to accept us and we learn to accept him! 

We had the Interview for Brother Rhandie! He had some past history of Law of Chastity issues so he had to be interview by President Lopez first counselor. He passed his interview and he was so ready for his Baptism! He told us that what enticed him the most, first that we have a living prophet and that men can have the priesthood to preform the ordinances like the same as when Jesus was here on the Earth! The baptism went really well! He was so excited and just kept asking when he could get a calling and the priesthood! So hopefully next Sunday he can be interviewed and get going. 

So Saturday we had a funny experience! We needed to go see Brother Johnmark to prepare him for his interview---he passed by the way! So he will be baptized on Saturday! Well we rode this tricycle and the driver had tattood on his arm "Only God can judge me" So we figured that he was religious so we start talking to him! It was only like a 10 minute ride but we both felt like we needed to talk. So we find out where he lives and he is asking us about why we are here. So we commit him to go to church! He is in his late 20's maybe 28, he says that he will try, but I told him don't try, just do it! Of course like in a joking way! So at the end Sister Manosig is paying and I am writing on a pamphlet to give to him! So I circle the part about church and write on the Pamphlet, "Don't Try, Just Do" and we didn;t think much of it. But we are sitting in Relief Society and a sister comes and Tells us we have an investigator who is waiting for us, HE CAME! But not only that, he said that after we left him on Saturday, he made over 700 pesos that day, and that never happens! He told us he had so many people who needed to ride and then  he was thinking about what we said but since he was working didn't have time to read the pamphlet.  But he knew that something was different, like because he drove us God was watching over him and helped him make the money on Saturday so that he could attend church on Sunday! It totally made my day! He told us we could come and teach him and his wife! So we will go this week to him! Little tender mercies, so many blessings from the Lord! 

This work is True! I know that Heavenly Father is always watching out for us and if we will look he has opportunities for us! I was so stoked! So awesome!! HAHA Such a good week! I loved it!  Sammy. I am so excited for you! Just remember the preparations for a mission seem scary but really the Lord will help you! Waay Kabalaka huh!! Good luck with everything! 

Sorry that I was late today! We went to Gawahon, it is in victorias but it has all these sweet waterfalls! It was so awesome! I loved it! We went with some of the Elders and Sisters from our Zone! We hiked a little bit, man it has been about 5 years since I hiked, I kind of liked it! But be good and be safe this week! I love you all! I miss you as well! Dad I hope that you had a great time on your trip! Thanks for all the letters! Halong kamo pirme!!
Love Sister S. Polatis
"super" burger at training meeting--only ate 1/4 and the Elders were happy with the rest

me and the "Goofs" in the kitchen 
Birthday party for Jullian--turned 2

These are best friends----baptism

Say hi to Indi---which means "no no"

Gawahon Falls--beautiful

me and sister Manosig

Sisters Hemi and Molejon and ME!

a nice little soak!!!  feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment