Monday, March 18, 2013

2 Baptisms on Saturday

Wow, sounds like a super busy week! I cant believe it! I can't believe that Tate is already gone! It went really fast! Mom, yes people don't know how to lie all the members all the time are telling us how "tambok" we are which is fat hahaha well its hard to be a tiny tiny when our bodies are so different from the philipinos bodies ha! But no worries they still try to feed us all the time! But I went to the dentist and got the cheapest ones just to keep my teeth in place till I get home, they are the ones with a wire which cost me 6,000 pesos (Oh i also think that I have become the cheapest person on the planet just in this last month, that really is only like 120 american dollars but still when I see 6000 I freak out haha) Anyways she was really nice made the mold and tried to get me all taken care of fast! I will go tomorrow to pick them up! So check my account on wednesday just to make sure it isnt getting drained! I budget pretty well here so I try not to ever use my personal card! Sister Arnold and I really get along so good, we took so many pictures this week and I will send alot of them home! But we have zone conference on wednesday and thursday! Well we have 2 baptisms on Saturday and I really am excited! The first one is Bro. Jose. He is so excited! He was telling us that he is "Ba wal" which is stopping everything because he wants to be a member and he always tries to speak english to me because he wants to practice but we teach him at a members house and the member got super mad at him and was like (these are my words translated but) "YA dork, she needs to learn how to speak hiligaynon so stop talking to her in English" hahaha I laughed so hard! The member, Bro Hoyoa when I speak english he always goes "Sister I dont understand, please speak Hiligaynon" haha he really understands but wants to push me harder to learn which is a great thing! But our next baptism is Makmak! He is 10 years old and he knows so much about the gospel! His parents were baptized a few years ago and then they went inactive and people over looked little Mak but he always went to church without his parents and the ward all just took him in as their own, well we wanted to teach his parents and reactivate them and WE DID IT! They are coming back and the dad will baptize him on saturday! I was super happy! He really is just the best little boy and he studies the book of mormon and prays! I just love him! Our other one was Jenboi, he was dating a member and taking the lessons but they had a little slip up and the member got preg, so his mom lives in manilla and she will come and chat with the girls mom and then after that we will see what we can do about getting him baptized. He really is my favorite and I can see a huge change in him, he comes to church all the time and he reads and does what we encourage him to do! President Lopez is interviewing sister Hermania to see is she can be baptized, that will happen tomorrow. We really have been doing super good and just trying to open our mouths as much as possible! We went to teach a lesson and this lady was sort of following us, and we didnt think much about it, and we taught and when we came out she had sat outside the house and listened to us teach! So the Lord literally put her in our path! We will contact her again on Wednesday! We passed her last night while she was selling her fish and she asked when we were going to do Bible study again hahaha! We gave her a restoration pamphlet and told her a little about the book of mormon, maybe she will be interested to read it!  We had stake conference yesterday! It was a broadcast from Salt Lake city! We heard from Jeffrey Holland and Robert D Hales!~ They really did so good and it was also nice to understand what was going on! They said to do everything that you can and enjoy what you are doing! So that is our goal! To keep laughing and enjoy it because it will only happen once! HA ya, I still get a little frustrated with the language but I ask alot of questions and am diligent in my language study and Preach My Gospel says that it will come! So I have to just keep the faith and know that I am fine and It will come! But my ward really is awesome! The people are always trying to help and really they are pretty fun! We visit this family and they give us this watermelon juice! Oh my i am in HEAVEN!!! It is so so good! I got the recipie and will make it when I come home! They made us this rice thing Bico, it is pretty good! But we try to stay away from the rice, cant be getting chipmunk cheeks haha! We tried a papaya last week and it was good, not my favorite! Sister Hoyoa, gave us these bananas and they are the best so the next time we go to the market that is what I wanna buy! No worries mom, we really are trying to watch what we eat and drink especially! We went to visit a little girl in the hospital and YUCK! Well it is so different than what I am used to working in and I think it scares me more to end up in the hospital! HAHA We practice the piano for our upcoming Musical fireside! I feel like my skills are improving! We met with the Bishop last Wed. and again Last night! What an awesome thing to have such a supportive bishop and to know that he is supporting us and wants to make sure we have what we need! Our gospel principles class was lacking a teacher who would teach basic to our investigators so he volunteered him and his counselors to take turns and teach! We just see so many blessings and he really is the coolest! He is like 35 I think! Super young and always happy to help even though he is busy! But all is well! Yes, open your mouths! What is the worst that people can do, not listen?? At least you are planting a seed. Preparing them for when they are ready and someone else decides to open their mouth to them! But this is the true church! People just dont know it yet!!! HA that is our purpose as members of the church! But hope everyone is safe and happy! I miss you guys but Know that this is where I am supposed to be. I really am trying to find out me, kind of tough but it really has been fun! Good luck Tate! Remember that we love you and really were just in your shoes! Be obedient! You will be great and I am sure you will make so many friends! Just remember, the field is 1000 times better than the MTC haha!  Love you all! Be safe! Miss you all so much! Keep the prayers and let me know if you want anything. Sorry my letters aren't as long as Abbys, sheesh she writes a novel! MMUUAAHH!!! LOVE YOU ALL!
Sarah


Reading?

Add caption


This is your typical street

I'm loved!!



a little polution!!

Sister Arnold and me

No comments:

Post a Comment