Monday, March 11, 2013

Mutaul--cleaning the church

cleaning church

bowling-manually setting up pins!

sparkley mirror


cleaning crew

sister Arnold and ME

Oh my word! What a party it sounds like! I knew that both of you would rock it!!! Tate, Mr. Popular I bet everyone was there!  love them both and they better just stick it out until we get back!! But sounds like it was a success! Well what a week! Holy cow, we have been so busy we have 11 INVESTIGATORS!!  It is insane for teaching, Sister Arnold is always saying how our numbers have never been like this and we are companions for a reason! They are all progressing really well and they ALL came to church on sunday! So blessings galore! My favorite and the ones that I feel like I connect with the most are the 16 year old boys! They really just seem like they are so so interested! MakMak is the one who when we talked about repentance and he just cried through the lesson saying that he really was looking for a way to stop doing bad things! But he came to church and he sits up in the front and we were practicing the piano the other night and he showed up to mutual and the activity was cleaning the church and it just about brought me to tears to see how he just got along with all the boys so well! I was pleased! Well another crazy thing was we went on exchanges on Wednesday! Um, what??? Sister Arnold went with the CS to Silay and I had to LEAD the area!! Oh my scariest thing of my life, I cant speak hardly and it gets a little confusing where everyone lives when we go to the area but Sister Torino was the sister who came with me, she is from Bacolod and she is a part time missionary, she has been waiting for her call for 7 months and so here they let the sisters who have been waiting come for a week to 2 weeks to experience missionary life, lets just say that she needs some practice but so do I and she speaks hiligaynon so that was really helpful! The ward missionaries came with us, Ephriam and Ivy! They are BOMB!! Love those 2, Eph leaves for his mission in May and Ivy is preparing! They helped me get around and threw in a testimony and helped when I really couldn't understand. So they weren't horrible I just felt so new trying to lead and speak and make sure people understood me! Our next miracle is Sister Hermania! She is the one who said that she still would come to church even tho she couldn't be baptized. Well the other day we got a phone call from Pres. Lopez and he was like, "What is the reasoning that she cant be baptized" (sister arnold wrote to him about her) and he was like, well I want to interview her for baptism! So she MIGHT be able to be baptized! I love it!! Our companionship really is awesome! we get along so well and people see that! We laugh all the time and the Philipinos don't understand our humor so they are always confused but they laugh because we are!  Our Bishop is seeing the progress and really likes us and wants to help us out the best he can! The ward even is still giving us referrals like crazy! There is a rumor that with the influx of missionaries we will be getting a set of elders in our area, which would be a bummer because we are trying to build a relationship with the members so that they trust us and want to help us and if we had elders it might get tricky, but maybe it would be a huge blessing, you never know! Pres is the master mind and knows what is best! But everything is great! We have started our missionary march! We cleaned the church and we didn't have a huge turnout but people came and it really was a good time! We have "restoration Sunday" on the 31st so I have been practicing the piano like a banchee!! Sheesh I need to be better!  Tate, really good luck! I cant believe this! It is crazy that time has passed so fast!  My language is coming alright, I do my best to speak but sometimes I get a little frustrated and Sister Arnold was like " You need to just keep spitting words out, You know them and the structure will come" So I guess that is my plan! The self-consciousness needs to end they all laugh at me anyways! But things are really going good! It is growing on me living here! So last monday we had FHE with an investigator and a member family and they gave us juice.......well needless to say the water was straight from the well, sister arnold gave me the "Stop drinking" look but we got home and we didnt drink that much my stomach was a little upset but I am fine now! Yes, we was our fruits and everything really good just so that we dont have that problem! I really am careful, I dont want to be sick for life! We have zone conference next week so I will try to look beautiful because I know pres will take a lot pictures and post them! But all in all it was a fantastic week! I wish I could just write everything but I would be here forever:) Oh so the first day I got here we bought so "croc" type shoes for when it rains and everything well yesterday I got a hole!!! So today we need to go buy more shoes! They are cheap tho! I actually have been budgeting really well! Last monday we went BOWLING with our ward missionaries, haha bowling here is weird, no AC or lights unless we paid for them but we wouldnt, anyways it is all manual and the workers sit up on these perches in the back and they cheer/make fun of you while you bowl but they put all the pins up haha I almost nailed the kid with his barefeet like a million times, he was like, "whoah slow down sister" haha so fun! But the balls are tiny, you get 3 tries!! We loved it! But I love you all and miss you! Be good and be safe! I have pictures this week from our cleaning and just random ones that we took! Hopefully this is what you wanted to know! MMUUAAHH!! It really has been an awesome week and super fun! Missionary life is starting to set in, we know what we have to do and that we need to work! I love this gospel! It really is the only true church and we always need to be opening our mouths and sharing it with everyone! Dont be shy!!! Love you! Keep the letters and pictures coming! Have a wonderful week and mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment