Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First week DOWN!!

Amirido familia,
             Well its finally my P-day!!! oh it feels so good to get a little break. We went to the temple this morning and it really was quite relaxing. But when we came out it was a blizzard. There are a couple of kids in our district that are from Florida, so they have never really seen snow, but oh man were they excited. It was pretty funny. I am sitting by Annalisa right now writing you guys. Ha I'm going to miss her being here. Our classrooms are right across from each other so we see each other all the time. I also see Austin Jacobs all the time now. I think he is on the same schedule as me.  

  Sunday was great though. They showed the new Joseph Smith video, you guys REALLY need to watch it. I felt the spirit more strongly than I ever have before. I realized that this mission is the least I can do. Joseph Smith was an awesome guy and really went through so much to restore this Gospel to the earth.  Our zone leader is from Burley Idaho, and he just got re-assigned to the Billings Montana mission!! ha that sucks!! but dont worry, I still have faith that mine will get to me while I'm here so just keep praying. I heard that it is really random, like there are some kids here that didnt get there stuff in until like November December, and they are already over at the Brazil MTC.  My scar is barely noticeable now so thanks for sending me with some of that stuff.  Everyone knew I was a hunter though because most of them have had experiences of getting scoped in the face. Abby and Sarah.. Its always fun telling people that I have 2 sisters out in the field already. They usually just look at me with amazement and ask how our parents can do it.   Man my thoughts are really scrambled right now, but it has been awhile since I could write so i just have a ton of things I am thinking about. The food is pretty good here. I dont really eat that much though, because there is no way that I am getting fat. I always am looking forward to gym time because I feel so lazy throughout the day.    My companion and I are getting along better, my first impression was "how am I going to do this? I used make fun of kids like this all the time." Ha but we're getting used to each other. He keeps me in line for sure. If I ever want to go back to the room like 5 minutes early I get a response that we better wait the whole time so its good. He learned German in High School, so he doesn't know all the conjugations and stuff like I do but hes working hard. My roomates are cool. One of them went to Byu-Idaho for a little bit, and the other went to BYU-Hawaii!! He said its way sweet there. He said he misses surfing a ton because that is all he used to do. My district leader and I get along really well, except when he wont give me my letters!!!! Haha but we are a lot alike. He worked up in Preston breaking horses and is in to sports and everything like that. I still havent seen Kevin. He probably has that new job by now. Thanks so much for sending my Immunizations and stuff. When I went to the clinic and they told me I needed that, I was really scared ha. I knew that we forgot something. But mom your right. I really dont know how kids come out here without parents that support them in this decision. I could have never gotten all the stuff that I needed. So yea I did get the immunizations so all is well. Sheesh tell Jeff Dabell thanks though!! Thats awesome.  Also, Mom did really have to bring up the NCAA tournament??? Ha March is like the most fun month just for that reason. Oh well though, just let me know how it goes:) Also I want to know if the Lakers make the playoffs or not, because I really dont want them to. Well other than studying all day long there's nothing else really that exciting going on. We had our first service project a couple of days ago, and me and these tongan guys had a lot of fun. Its weird how I actually like writing in my journal now... never would've thought, but its a great way to reflect on the day when I'm getting ready for bed. I really do hate shaving everyday!! I look like a baby haha. And it makes my face really dry, so I have to put on a lot of lotion. Oh and laundry is so fun.. NOT!! Again thanks mom for doing it for me all those years:) Well I wish I could send some pics but I forgot my camera and I'm too lazy to go all the way back to my room so next week! Plus I heard that you have to buy this card reader thing because these dumb computers dont usually notice your camera when you plug it in the USB so that stinks. But I'll figure it out. Anyways I love you all and I'm thankful for all your prayers. I really hope I didnt leaving anything at home broken besides losing the cobalts cruise control ha. I havent heard from my friends either, so I'm not sure what they're up to. Maybe ill write one of them. But I know the language will come, and I'm working on it whenever I have the chance. Also its amazing how much more effective you are when you say a little prayer before your study. Well have a good week:) Love,
                                                       Elder Polatis

P.S. I take back about what I said about sister missionaries not being very attractive haha. There are definitely a couple cuties here. I dont talk to them because I cant talk to girls without flirting, so no worries!!:)
 
                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment