Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ok, so first things first, THEY STOLE MY RETAINERS!!!!!!! HA freaking gross I know, But mom Let me know what you want me to do, Our medical nurse Sister told me that they have an ortho here, so I might just go have molds made of what my teeth are now and call it good. That works ya? But yes they left scriptures and other things like that, just stuff! We got all moved into our new apartment on Monday! It is actually really nice, the pictures were of my old apartment! But it is like a studio, we study in the living room/kitchen and we have a bathroom and a small bedroom. We have a WARM shower haha it is weird I dont really use it like warm warm but it is better than cold so it really isnt like I am living in the Philippines when it comes to getting ready. Washing clothes isnt really that bad, I try to do a little bit everyday so that I dont have so so much and waste my whole P-day because it is a process. The food, well we eat a lot of veggies, my companion and I started the "biggest loser" she goes home in 6 months and doesnt want to be fat, I have lost 8 pounds and really it is because of sweating like crazy and we walk so so much! It takes a half hour of walking to get to our area from our new apartment which is ok, we make it fun! The food, she has cooked for me some filipino foods and they really are good. They have different spices but it really is a lot of 'stir-fry" type toppings. We had a dinner appointment on tuesday, which never really happens it was way good, they had this watermelon juice, I am learning how to make that for sure! I still eat really slow and try not to eat alot, first because they have nothing and second, well I  still havent quite adjusted and lets just say the bathrooms are kinda sketch haha TMI but you asked:) The ward members are chill. Always trying to help and they try to speak some illongish so that I understand the jist of things! SO BLESSING GALORE!!! Oh my gosh, so here it is really expensive to get married so everyone just lives together we have 2 sisters wanting to be baptized, one was married before and is now living with someone different and they dont want to seperate and divorce is like non-existent in the pines, and her name is Sister Hermania, so we told her that she couldn't be baptized and she said she doesnt care, she is still going to come to church because she knows that the gospel is true and low and behold SHE CAME!!! I was stoked, even tho I dont really understand her, she always hugs and is happy to see me! Next is Sister Mercy, she is living with the dad to her children and at first they wanted nothing to do with getting married because they are too poor but we went back and they had a jar of money and the paper work!!! They didnt come to church but hey, you cant win them all! The ward missionaries come with us like everyday, and they work with all all day, so it helps the investigators know someone when they do show up! All our investigators except Sister Mercy came to church! We are teaching 3 brothers all in their 60's, they came to church and the spirit was so so strong! I loved it and knew that they came this Sunday for a reason! The only thing they complained about was that it was long and they were hungry! So we will follow up with them tomorrow and see if they will come back! But my favorite of all the week was brother MAK-MAK! He is 16 years old and we initially were teaching his friend and he would just sit and listen and not ever say if he liked us or not or even wanted to keep listening, But the other night we were teaching his friend Jen-boi who is also 16 lesson 3 focusing on repentance and Sister Arnold had him read a portion of the pamphlet about how Jesus still reaches out to us even when we commit sin because he loves us and wants us to change, even if it is just a little at a time. He started crying and I about did to, he was like "Sisters, I want to come to church, I keep making mistakes and I know Jesus loves me" It was so tender and we knew that the spirit had touched his life! I didn't understand that much but I knew that the spirit was in that lesson! We went out last night and followed up with a former investigator Renny, he lives with his girlfriend and has 2 babies, he would always blow Sister Arnold and Sister Person off so they filtered him out and last night she felt like we needed to go see him! We got there and followed up, asked him how things were and then we shared a scripture about faith, I am explaining it (in my broken ilonggo and english) before I even finished the scripture he was like "Sisters, we are getting married and I want to be baptized on SUNDAY!!' we were like woah, slow down tiger we have a process, we explained to him that he needs to attend church 4 sundays in a row and keep his commitments and he can be baptized! He agreed and then prayed and in his prayer he was like "thanks for answering my prayers and sending the sisters back to teach me and sister" it was so so awesome! I am starting to realize my purpose as a missionary! This has nothing to do with me other then I am the mouthpiece the spirit really does all the work! But seriously This Sunday was amazing! My testimony was strengthened! I have so much work to do and we have so many people to find! I am excited for this week! I guess we really have a spirit about us or something because the ward members never gave us referrals and we got 4 just yesterday! But I can do this! I definitely know this is where I need to be right now even if I am unsure of the reasons! It was just so amazing! Dont get me wrong, I am still adjusting but it made it easier! Sister Arnold and I are great! We really get along so well! Laughing alot and pretending we understand filipino humor, which we dont but they dont get ours either! We have musical fireside for all the ward and investigators at the end of the months, and I have to learn how to be good at the piano real fast! As missionaries we wanted the ward more involved in this work, so we created MISSIONARY MARCH! We are giving a book of mormon and pamphlets to the ward members and they have to give them to people who might be interested and we gave them our number and told them call us for teaching! So we will see how that goes, the ward is supposed to be huge but less actives are killing us! But oh my gosh, Sister Arnold and I laughed hard when we saw that video!!! What an awesome grandma I have!!! So cute!   I love you all! I really do miss you! Can you believe that I have been here 3 weeks already! It is crazy! Mom, they gave us a hymn book but we sing in English! All in all I am doing fine! Abby, you sound great and like you are loving it!    But my time is up! Thanks everyone for all the letters and being so encouraging!!! I seriously have the best family in the whole entire world! I will keep my head up and be happy! "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" This is do-able! If only the language would come to me hahaha Sister A says I am doing fine so I will take her word for it and keep practicing! MMUUAAHH!!!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!     Sister Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment