Monday, January 21, 2013

Time is Going Fast...

Well how is everyone doing?? Loved Abbys email. I miss her so much! She was my venting session and sometimes I still catch myself looking for her in the Cafeteria. Well Dad, yes I am the only sister going to Bacolod. The last sister that went was 3 months ago! And the next group of Ilonggo speakers dont come in until after we get out of here! Well I was super disappointed, hiligaynon is like an unwritten language so remember how you went to the distribution center and could only find a Book of Mormon! Well that is because that is all there is! They barely got the lessons from Preach my Gospel translated for us! The book of mormon they gave us is just a paperback copy! I was so bummed! I wanted a new quad!! Yes Saw Kaden! He is just a few doors down from me for class room! He seems to be doing good! Aunt Becky and Austin wrote to me! It was super nice! Tell them Thanks! So super cool story, Jeffery R Holland came and spoke to us for Tuesday devotional! Oh my word! So powerful! He just said that this is the most exciting time to be serving a mission! That our whole lives just changed by opening and accepting our calls! He said that he could "careless" if we only convert one person on our mission and it BETTER BE US!! He said if he ever runs into us after our mission and we have become inactive, we better not ever run into him in a dark alley because he said he will go crazy on us! HAHA I laughed! He did so well and inspired me like crazy! He said, he has chosen us and he will help us! But we need to let him! For Relief Society Sister Rosemary Wixon came and she is the general primary pres,  she is so awesome! I love her! We talked to her after wards and she was telling us how great and pretty we were and that the Philippines is so lucky to have us! We got a new MTC presidency! They all spoke to us and President Nally had his daughter who served a mission come up and bear her testimony and I wanted to cry so hard! It was so inspiring! I know that this is where I need to be .The language is KILLING ME!! I was pretty frustrated all week and I pray for strength and help and  humility and everything so that I can at least be basic!  We did have a good experience teaching, Our investigator was not progressing at all so we basically went in and layed down the law! Asked her if she knew God loved her and that Jesus atoned for her and she wouldn't answer just kept looking at the floor then our teacher in the middle just stood up hugged us both and said "that is how you get to know your investigators! That is how to be a missionary!" It was pretty great!  Sister Ili and I do fine! She told our teacher I annoy her hahahaha probably cuz I am a rule nazi! I was made Senior comp so I enforce everything and it probably is annoying but I need to have the spirit and we need to be obedient to do it! Well last night for the movie it was a talk given by David A Bednar, the character of Christ! Holy powerful!!! Look it up and hear it! It will change your life forever! My new roomates are English speaking and leave before I do! As does everyone here! ha they are going to Indiana and one is from Idaho Falls! She is cute! Went to Hillcrest! Thanks everyone for the letters! They really do help me get through the week! I know I need to trust more and have a lot more faith because I feel so inadequate! Dad, story about Jared Carter??? :) Polihog:) We will teach the Plan of Salvation tonight in the language and it scares me but I will practice!  I will work on patience! We are down to like 20 days or something like that! SCARY! Tell grandma I played the Piano on Sunday and ROCKED it! So her hard work payed off!  Yes, the food here is sick and processed! I eat cereal and salads! Sister Clements has become my new go-to buddy! She is so cute and we talk forever I swear!  Love you all! Tell everyone Congrats on the Babies and whatnot! Miss you! Be safe! I will be strong, I can do this!!! We went to the temple this morning and I did anitiory!?? It was sweet! Cant wait to hear from you!!! 

Love Sister Sarah Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment