Sunday, January 13, 2013

Off to Europe


Hey everyone!
Sorry no pictures this week!  CONGRATS LOU AND SCOTT!!!  I am so so excited for you two! I read the whole story to everyone that was around me when I got the dear elder:) I am so so happy and expect lots and lots of pictures! When is the BIG day? You can photo shop me into some pictures when I get home haha just kidding but I am really excited! I need to see some pictures of the ring ASAP:)  Well this week on Monday night we met President Hills wife... she was in Provo because her daughter was having a baby... she didn't know if she would beat us back to Romania so she stopped in and said hi! She is pretty nice and intense! but Our teachers loved her- So I am sure that I will also! I asked her about my nursing thing and I don't think that I do much-- She says that I can help her find good doctors and clinics and help send out newsletters to help the missionaries! She said basically I can do whatever I want as long as I take the iniative:) So we will see how that works out! So bad story today... I was washing ALL my garments except like one pair... getting ready to get them all packed up and I accidently put in my "I love New York" t shirt which is white but it does have a big red heart on it... and YES you guess it... ALL of my garments and tank tops are now this lovely pink color... ha I tried to bleach them and everything.. but with no success... So I had to run up to our garment center and reorder new garments. They only take a day to get them so I will be all set for Romania.. I guess I will leave the rest with Sarah and she can send them back to you if you want to try to get the pink out?? ha I don't know! I was crying when I opened up my washer!! ah I was so mad... ha but I took care of it.. at least it didn't happen on Saturday before I left or in Romania because I then would have been rocking pink garments until Sister Hill ordered me new ones... so yes that is one story I will probably look back on and laugh.. I am sure you guys are laughing as you are reading it! Sarah starting laughing when I told her!  Everything is going good-- I am really ready to get the the country..  We did some fake role plays with investigators on the subway and it was really fun! But mom and dad and everybody else that went on missions-- were you this nervous before you were leaving the MTC... I am super nervous so continue to pray for me! I know that I just need to Trust in the Lord and everything will work out... I just need help doing that! But the work is going good-- The language is coming along... slowly ha but good! I just need to get to the country for all of it to make sense I think:) the grammar is pretty intense but I know that I WILL be able to speak this language. We had a really good devotional the other night that talked about setting goals and becoming missionary FOR LIFE and not just for these next 16 months.. It was really inspiring and it helped me to be able to see that I need to set little goals and achieve them to reach my ultimate goal which is Exaltation. We should all be striving to do the Lords work here on the Earth! It is our job! I am so Thankful for this privilege that I do have to Serve the Lord and find the people in Romania that are waiting for me. This gospel is True. The atonement is real and can be used in all aspects of our life. Heavenly Father truly does love us and wants us to be happy! He will do everything for us if we are willing to have faith in Him! I know that this is where I am supposed to be! I love you all so much and I am so thankful for the examples you have set before me. I know that I can do this because all of you that served set a great example for me to follow! That is what I say for everyone that is able to go... GO! I don't know when I would have learned all of these great life lessons that I am learning in the MTC! :) Missions for sure show you that you can only rely on God! I am thankful that I will finally going out and seeing the people that I have been prepared to find!  Wish me luck and continue to pray for me! I really appreciate all that you do for me! I would love to hear from all of you guys! shoot me an email! My pday in Romania I think will be on Monday? But we will see! I am really excited to get there and see where they will be sending me-- because I am not really the "nurse" I could be going anywhere! I feel as though I am still waiting for my mission call! I will let you all know how it is! Wish me luck in Europe:)
Love Sora Abby Polatis! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment