Monday, January 28, 2013

I Didn't Dodge The Flu

Pamiliya Namon!! 

How is everyone? Thanks for all the letters from everyone! I love that my inbox was blowing up today! Seriously the best! Well this week was quite unsuccessful! I got the flu on Thursday night so I was out until Saturday! Super boring!!! But it was kind of nice! I had a little freak out at the beginning of the week, I try to make sure I am putting trust in the Lord I just got nervous and was letting satan get the best of me! I swear I thought I was going crazy!! EEEKKK! Anyways, there are 2 philipino sisters here, they are going to Hong Kong and they are in our zone! The one sister speaks Hiligaynon, tagolog, and cebuano so we always ask her for help and advice for the 'pines and she is always so happy to help! She says that they take such good care of the sisters and is super excited for us!  The language I decided to just try my best, it takes me a really long time to form sentences and it was frustrating me when no one could understand me but I just decided to do my best and not really care because maybe the Lord is teaching me something else and it will come later! I am to hard on myself I think!!  Oh before I forget, my classroom is 7m room 313! It was funny, we were hosting the new missionaries last Wednesday and the guy that was giving us instructions I couldn't hear him and neither could the elders behind me, so of course I turned around and starting chatting with them they were speaking Spanish! So I asked like where they are going and such and one kid was saying that he had this one super cool Spanish teacher, well it was KEVIN!! HAHA I was like he is my cousin! Super funny, they were  sharing all his mission stories with me and saying that he is always Glowing because he just got married so I just laughed! Oh Kev, always the life of the party!  Sister Ili is the same! She wont ever open up to me so it is the same! No big deal! There are so many sister missionaries and it is great and all but they never recognize the older sisters and all of us are like Ok, we had a life, not just high school this is a sacrifice for us too! I think things will be better when I leave here! I hope so anyways! yes I gave Kaden some crap about being in love! He is super funny! I ran into Geisler??  Seems like he is doing fine! They always ask about Tate and feel bad he has had to wait forever! Tell Lora and grandma thanks for the letters! I never have time to really write anyone back and I feel bad about it!  I love this gospel and i hope that I can teach and be a successful missionary! Sometimes I think I scare myself but I know that I can do this!  Tell Grandpa HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! That is so exciting!! the big 90! But time is flying by here! It is nuts! But like you said i feel like I just barely got here and now I am leaving! The filipino sisters here were like "oh just buy shoes there, everything is cheap! You can get a dress 50 cents and the most expensive 5 dollars haha" they are so cute and funny! Last night while we were getting ready for bed a sister was cooking popcorn and burned it, so it set the fire alarm off and we had to evacuate the building! hahaha so dumb and it was so cold! HAHA she felt super bad! Sister Clement and I have become good friends! She is way cool! I am keeping my head up.   I have good moments and bad moments but I guess that comes with the mission! Love you all so much! I miss you but really this is where I gotta be! I will do my best!! Thanks for always keeping me updated! It sounds like Abby is just rocking it! I knew she just needed to get out of here! HAHA  I have pictures this week, I look kinda horrible but welcome to the next 16 months hahaha But be safe! There is so much snow here! It just keeps coming and it is so slick! Miss you!!! Tell everyone thanks for the prayers and I love them!

Love Sarah!!!


My friends
My tongan brothers!
Sister Illi and me
sneaking food again!

Sister Clements and me




No comments:

Post a Comment