Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013


Familia mea!
This week has been great! I am loving the missionary life! We cleaned the Temple last week for like three hours and then they let us go sit in our white scrubs in the Celestial room and in the Brides Room We had so much fun! Another thing that is cool is that Elder Orsmby sent home a picture of all of us to his family. And his little sister thinks that we are all of her new sisters! She was who I was telling you about in my last letter when I was crying teaching Elder Ormsby about how special his sister was. So we wrote her little notes and we got a package in the mail from her and his family! The mom was like "You girls might have thought that your notes were a small thing... but Lauren carried them around for days telling everyone that she has new sisters. She prays for you guys everynight and she has a special line with God. I expect a hug from all you girls when I meet you!" and then Lauren wrote and told us how excited she was to have us as sisters! So cool-- I wrote them back and told them that she could write me my whole mission and I would love to have her as another sister! I got called to speak in sacrament meeting this week so I got up there and of course was crying through the whole thing but I talked about how great missions are and that we are doing the best thing EVER! I then talked about how we need to have faith and I read the story in the Bible about Peter walking on water because he had so much faith but when it started to fail him he knew the right name to call out-- Which is Jesus Christ. Who will always be there for us. It was good. My whole branch Presidency was crying and mostly all the girls in the room. One of the wives of my Branch came up to me and was like "I don't know if I have already told you this but I really do Love you!" So sweet- She honestly made my day! But everthing is going great the other night it was so funny all of us were in the shower and we were all busting out singing songs and the everyone was joining in... I was laughing so hard.. Rascal Flatss and Taylor Swift are about the only songs I even can recall these days... ha But mom good luck with the new teaching styles.. that sounds amazing to be able to teach exactly the way that the kids will be teaching on missions.  Thanks for everyone sending me the Dear Elders and Everything! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THE 4TH LOU!   Speaking of being healthy... So Family thanks for the New years Dear Elder package! We had the cinnamon rolls and the sparkling cider! I had decided that I was going to have a New Years party even if it wasn't at midnight.. So we all started counting down at 10:00 (For my new jersey companions) and everyone came out of there rooms! It was so much fun! I passed out cinnamon rolls and we all had cups to drink the cider! Then we found this box full of Christmas tinsel so we went to town with that! It was so much fun there was like 35 of us in the lounge celebrating 2013! I can still host a pretty good party... some sister didnt appreciate the fact that we were doing "quiet time" at 1015... but it was still fun and it was only once a year.. I promise I am an obedient missionary:) ha but then the plague struck the MTC! at about 1030 EVERYONE starting getting sick! ...... the stomach flu has hit the MTC. A girl from Albania had to miss her flight with the rest of her district because she was so sick. 17 missionaries went to the emergency room and they estimated 150 missionaries were sick the next day! As a nurse I was trying to help out but it was crazy! The clinic was supposed to be closed but they had to open it all day on new years day because everyone was sick! NO need to worry though mom... for some reason I have a great immune system because I wasnt touched... Sora Kelly and Sora Gerhartz were not as lucky... they were so sick.. but because everyone was sick they "dissovled the companionships for the day" and I could still go to class and do anything I wanted to... It was weird walking around by myself... ha but they think that It was something in the food.. or they didnt wash the dishes or something because we are now eating off of all paper products. haha but it is crazy.. .half my district was out... o and Sarah didnt get sick either.. So it was really good!! But I think they have it under control and everyone is starting to come alive again. It was funny because I hosted all the new girls coming in and they were like... "Are we going to get sick?" They were super nervous because there was sick people EVERYWHERE.. but I think the issue is under control. It was funny hosting this week because the 19 year old girls are starting to come in... its pretty cool but they look at me like I am 100 years old because I am 21! haha but they are excited to be serving so it is good they are here.. I am glad to be leaving thought because they said by march more than 2/3 of the MTC will now be sisters... I am so excited to go to Romania.. Can you believe in like 11 ish days I am going to be chilling in Romania! so crazy. The language is coming along ok.. I think I need to get there so I can really have it sink in. When all of  my companions were sick though I had to teach 2 lessons by myself in romanian... Without anynotes... so it was good. So I can pray bear my testimony and teach some basic lessons so I guess I am all good to go right? :) ha I know I will be humbled right when I get off the plane but it will be ok.. I am not afraid... I know that Heavenly Father will help me and I will be able to do it! When I was teaching my lesson by myself to stella the spirit was so strong and I taught her all about the spirit world, judgement and resurrection! She is getting "Baptized" January 13th.. So we are working hard towards that!  I will get my travel plans tomorrow so I will make a copy and send them to you guys!  Thank you aunt Sandy and uncle Tom for writing me! I love hearing from Aunt Peggy I loved hearing form you... Tell all the kids at the JC hi! . I think I am all ready to go?? I might have to make some purchases when I get there so I will let you know- if I need more money on my card:) but Yes Maddy and everyone a mission is the best thing that you can ever do with you life. In the scriptures it talks basically ALL about serving a mission! I am so so stoked to be here! I am so privilegded that God trust me with His children in Romania and Moldova! This gospel is so so amazing! Continue reading your scriptures and praying! Be Bold in spreading the Gospel! Heavenly Father is counting on us to find His children that are prepared for the Gospel! And Grandma Rounds thanks for writing me! I love you so so much! I cant believe I have almost been gone for 2 months!!! what it is so crazy! I know that this time is going to fly so I am really appreciating every day! I am so blessed! O and yes.. Dear Elders will stop for me next Friday...They dont print them off over the weekends and then I leave on monday morning so take advantage of this last week that I have in the MTC because depending on where I am I will only get mail every 6 week if I am not in Bucharest! But I think everyone can email me... but I might not be able to email them back?? I will have to ask president HIll. I love you guys so much!!! Thank you for all the love and support from all my cheerleaders back home!!  Have a great week! And Greg thank you for the great advice!!! I love you so much! Kiss Bode for me!!!
Love Sora Abby Polatis!!!!
Love you all!!! :) :) Have a great week.. Maddy be safe in that sketchy drivers ed! 
Sarah and Abby in  front of Provo Temple

Our two favorite Rigby Elders

Let the New Year's Eve party begin!

Enough for the "sisters"

Getting a little crazy--must be around 10:00

And time for bed!--after the clean-up

No comments:

Post a Comment