Friday, December 21, 2012

Week- Dec 16! Good to Hear from BOTH Girls


Familia Mea!
You probably already know by now but I just need a copy of my nursing liscense. And also Lou... will you do some research on the generic meds and send me a list of when it is best to use what like... if someone has a head ache or sprains their foot.. that would be awesome! I am trying to be the best missionary that I can be! I know why everyone wants us to go on missions though because it honestly grows you up.. when I get home I will be able to do anything! I have never had to rely on God and prayer as much as I have in this place! But I am trying to smile as much as I can and learn as much as I can. Januray 14th is when I take off so just like 3.5 weeks! And that is when I will be able to call home so be prepared for that! I get my flight plans in like 12 days so I will let you know:) Some randoms stories for you.. we are teaching our romanian teaching about the word of wisdom and he keeps sayings "insteles bine?" which means like "am I understanding good?" well he talks super fast so it was slurred into one sentance so it sounded like he was saying "lesbina" which you guessed it means lesbian in Romanian... So he kept saying this and we were all so confused?? We thought he was asking if it was ok to be a lesbian in our church! ha we just didnt say anything and kind of moved passed the subject... when we got out Sora G was like "If he is lesbian than I quit!" we were laughing so hard!!! We asked him what he was saying after and he told us what we were saying and so then we all laughed! The Elders thought it was pretty funny also. But on monday Sora G was "sick" so we had to sit in the Residence all basically all day I was dying... I mean monday was a very very long day! ha but she is feeling better now after I prescribed her some laxatives... ha so we are back in business (the food does that to people in here) ha Yes i saw good old Kevin! Tell him he didnt make me sad! I have realized how much I can't control my emotions! Seriously happy- sad- stressed- feeling the spririt- impatience--- it all leads to me crying! Also thank you so much for the packages ah so so adorable I love the stocking! I am waiting to open my presents with sarah on Christmas day. Maddy good job on Drivers Ed and that is so cool that you are doing the vball thing in Phonenix! YOu are going to be so good when I get back I cant wait!!! But yes I see sarah everywhere.. I think that her companion doesnt like me because she wants sarah all to herself but she will just have to put up with me for a little bit ha we talk atleast twice a day:) K mom so this story is cool for you.. I was studying about hope and faith. I was reading about never doubting in yourself. Then I was thinking about he stripling warriors and how their mothers taught them to never doubt... I went looking in my scriptures for that story and above the scripture in your handwriting was "Dont doubt!" I just thought that that was really cool because I know that you guys are supporting me 100 percent and that means so so much to me! I want to make you guys proud! I am 100 % dedicated to this mission I kinow that this mission will be everything for me... who I marry.. how I raise my kids... my eternal life. I was studying about a mighty change of heart in Mosiah 5 and it talks about how Heavenly Father and Jesus won't know you unless you have served them! I just need to forget about my self and go to work. I think that that will be a little bit easier once I am talking to real people! But it was cool yesterday during class I was teaching my teacher about sacrament and when she said she was to busy to come to church I was about to say something and she was like "stop" pray about what you want to say to me.. so I sat there for a couple minutes and then in really broken Romanian I said "I promise that if you ask your boss to switch your schedule he will swtich and God will bless you when you come to church." She gave me a big hug after and said "You did it!" It was a really good feeling when then had a lesson with her and she said she would be baptized but because I am in a trio it is rare that all of us our on the same page so our lesson was kind of confusing so afterwords are teacher was like "The investigator is super confused..." So basically we have to work on that! ha So yes there are ups and downs in this place like crazy! I know I sometimes on mention the downs (sorry) but it is a good place and I am learning alot! Yesterday I was a "host" for all the new girls coming in and I had to sit there and say how great the MTC was and how they are going to love this place so much! It was pretty funny! I really dont hate this place but it is amazing how spoiled and selfish my generation is! I mean seriously I have a lot to work on. The Lord will really show us our weaknesses. I feel like the stuff that I am teaching my investigators is really for me! I teach them to use the atonement and cast all of their burdens and worries on the Lord.. at the same time that is what I am learning to do! I pray all day that I will be able to feel peace and comfort about this mission and that I will have confidence to know that I can do this! In Romans chapter 8 it talks about Gods love for us "If God is for us than who can be against us?" He has given us the best gift - His son! Why would He not be willing to give us all that we ask for?? I just need to be patient... Hope is defined as confidence optimism, enthusiams and patient perseverance- believing and expecting that soemthing will occur!! I am trying to work on that everyday! Send me any advice if you guys have any! I really do love missionary work! I know that this gospel is true! This Christmas season is really when we should be focused on Christ! I am sad that I wont be with you guys for Christmas but I know I am where I am supposed to  be! I think that they will make is pretty special for us and I will find Sarah! ha but enjoy the holidays! Be happy and healthly and safe! Thanks for all the prayers and dear elders and packages they mean the world to me! I will make you guys proud!! I love you guys so much!!!!!
But I love you guys so much! Dont have to much fun without me! Tell all the family thanks for their support and love! That story was cute about maddy being sarah companion! I love it! Feel free to write me anytime! I love you guys!!!!

Love Sora Polatis


Temple Day


Sisters or Soars of Zion! 

Phillipines

Romania

Sarah and her Companion 

PRECIOUS! 

Well how is everyone? You dont need to post this letter to the blog, it probably isnt saying much. Well like you probably heard from Abby we ate dinner and as we were walking out we basically bumped into eachother, it was like heaven haha We both burst into tears and just cried and both our companions just stared at us, probably like we were psychos but I didnt care. We now find eachother during lunch and dinner because that it the only time we can really meet up. The first little while was rough and we never could stop crying, but we told eachother that it needed to stop and that we could do this. I am doing ok as far as learning i think, it was pretty frustrating because in language my teacher would only speak illongo and I still cant really understand him so it is like sharades whenever I ask him a question. The Elders in my District/Zone are pretty cool they all love me of course:) HA jk but probably. MY companion is Sis. Ili, she is from Samoa and she is super demanding but thats what i need....maybe. She is serving in Iloilo and I am the only new sister serving in Bacolod. I was called as the coordinating sister for my zone, when President Whetton called me in i was so shocked, I blurted out, You realize I havent even been here 10 hours right? He just laughed and said i would be fine so Sunday was a long-ish day of meetings and trainings.  Relief Society was pretty amazing, Elaine S Dalton came and spoke to us. She said that a virtous woman who has the constant companionship of the holy ghost can make miracles happen, it was better than that but i didnt bring my notes:) So far I can say a basic prayer and a basic testimony in Hiligaynon. Everyone all laughs because i have the Idaho accent to my words but I cant help it. Oh and before I forget, Abby needs a copy of her nursing license sent to her!! She has reminded me like 4 times already, We went on our temple walk on Sunday and me and abbs got some pictures together they look cute but I will send some later, i didnt realize that I couldnt send pictures from the computer that i was using. Um, ya as far as being brave goes, NO MAAYO! (no good) I cry alot, mostly at night! I was spoiled to be home for a month and this lifestyle is SUPER WEIRD!! Holy cow but I can do this, that is what i tell myself all the time! Everyone always asks now if me and abby are twins and i just started saying yes, or they will say "I saw someone who looks just like you and has the same name as you!" That one was my favorite. But so far its alright, I am sure things will get better, i teach my 3rd lesson tonight. My investigator only speaks illongo and she is dang fast, i always have to say "again please or slow down" and since I cant pronounce the words very well she sometimes gets a aconfused look on her face haha its kinda funny actually! Um....it makes it hard because i dont know what she wants to know so we try to cover the basics and hope that she doesnt ask any questions that we cant say the words for. Today we are teaching her about Joseph Smith and the book or mormon! But i love you guys. Kabalo Ako nga matoud si Simbahan ni Jesucristo. Kabalo ako ng propeta Thomas S Monson. Kabalo Ako nga buhi sang Jesu Cristo. Miss you guys. I have loved all the letters and everything it makes me feel so good, even tho alot of people in my district arent getting mail:) But you guys be safe. Pray for me and Abby for strength. We like being together but would prefer that we be home and able to communicate without have to search high and low for eachother. Tell everyone hi, pray that i can understand and speak the language! send this to whoever wants it. Tell greg and kristin i loved their card. Thanks again everyone for the letters, i will be strong one day I hope. I have some letters coming, i wrote them the other day so they might be kind of depressing (I dont really remember:() But Cant wait to hear from you all! I will keep my head up!! I got this, me and abby pass notes and scriptures that help us so it is good! MUUAAH i am running out of time!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!! Stay safe!!!
Love Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment