Sunday, July 13, 2014

So Sarah made it home eh? That´s awesome to hear that the whole family was together except for me:( Haha jk jk I think I had pretty sweet 4th of July as well. Man I´m bummed that you didnt get my letter last week. I sent it again today so hopefully you can get all updated and stuff. I was hoping for a few picks though with Sarah being home and everything so get on that:) Ha and Maddy your friends are your family dont follow my example:) :)
     Yea our new mission President is a good guy and has some fire coming into the mission. He made this goal that each missionary does at the least 10 street contacts. So we are now planning on getting over 140 contacts each week. I think it is a great idea and will help us find those that are prepared. I just hope that us and the Sisters dont start contacting the same people because then they will probably get really annoyed. We do have interviews with President this Wednesday so I´m excited to talk to him and get to know him a little better. I´m already really accostumed to this whole mission President change so its no worries for me.
      So as for the 4th of July, it was also game day for Brazil!!  So we went and taught this girl who has been reading and went to church the week before in the morning. Ha it was kind of our first time really teaching her so we had to teach her why she was even reading the Book of Mormon. She is really really smart. I think she is only 15 but she is related to some of our recent converts here so we teach her there in their house. She ended coming to church again this week and bearing her testimony and talking about how much we have been helping her. Her mom used to hate us but we got a call from Alice saying that her mom wanted to meet us and we were good to come over to her house. Her mom seemed really nice but she didnt really want to hear the message at that time so we will see what happens in the future. Ha her mom did say that we were welcome anytime because he daughter cleaned the house and everything so that we could come. So yea Alice is really progessing and should be baptized in the next couple of weeks. Oh yea but back to the 4th. So after that we went over to a member´s house and watched the game. Sheesh the people here are crazy about this game. All sorts of food and drinks were there and everyone was decked out in Brazil gear. I recorded the members on my camera when Brazil made a goal, ha it is crazy. So yea Brazil won again though so we get to watch another game tomorrow and then the cup will be all over this Sunday.  We then had this member make us an American cake for the 4th haha. I´ll show you a picture of it. Then back at the house we were going to order some pizzas and stuff but we were all to full so we just relaxed and then went to bed.
       The family of 3 that we found with the surf board are still doing really well. They did not make it to church yesterday though because he had to go see his mom or something. Pretty lame excuse if you ask me but we dont want to push them too hard because they are having a few doubts and think that it is really hard to change. The dad did tell us though that he went to a party with a bunch of beer and stuff and that he didnt drink anything alcoholic so he is definitely starting to repent! They really do like Elder Obi and I though. I speak so much better portuguese around them because we are already really close. Honestly, I think I am more close with this family than I am with people in the ward. The mom and the kids are going on a trip this week too though so they will not be able to be baptized this week sadly. The mom found out about polygamy while watching this movie but we cleared everything up and I think she is good with it. I told her that she probably wont be able to be baptized this week because she is going on vacation and we will not have finished all the lessons and she was acting a little down because I know that she really wants to get baptized. She said that she would do it with out her husband, but it would be way better to baptize all 3 of them at the same time. The husband is a addicted to coffee so we are working with him on that. Tonight we are having a family home evening with them and a few members so that should be really good.
        We are also still working with Edvoldo but he is having a really hard time and is getting discouraged with cigarrettes!! I dont think that he has enough support at home or at work. So we made another goal with him and I gave him a list of scriptures to read because he has to read a scripture every time he smokes. Ha the scriptures arent too condeming but they will help him:) We had a meeting with Bishop and the ward council last night and the mission plan for the ward is that each family will get a family to have a family night with them. I think that it will be really good because we need our members to prepare their referrals so that they can better recieve us. It should be sweet. Thats about all that is going on here. The weather has been really hot this week and this is supposed to be the coldest month. Hopefully I dont melt this summer. Thank you for everything and I love you all so much. Have a great week!!
Love, 
Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment