Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hey Everyone! 
That is so cute that you guys are counting down my days! It actually brought a little tear to my eye when you said that Dad is saying the number everyday until I arrive home! I am glad that you guys are excited because I am really excited to see you all! Don't worry about entertaining me when I get home! You know how I am! I just need a hair appointment and dentist appointment and some shopping and I will be all set:) 

This week has been pretty good! We had a really fun easter! 
- branch dinner... Consisting of everything you could ever eat in a Romanian home. Drob (ground up chicken liver and chicken put into a meat loaf formation) Chicken..... potatoes... kozonac bread... cinnamon rolls.... brownies... more bread.... eggs...... cake.... placinta.... ha lets just say the table was full. They do this thing where they say Isus a inviat.... then you smash your boiled egg with someone else boiled egg and then the other person says Adeverat a inviat... then they smash their egg with the other persons. It is hilarious... you win if your egg doesn't smash! I lost to a 6 years old kid! ha   
- Also at this branch dinner... crazy story... this couple that was crazy... keeps randomly showing up to our church for free stuff so one of the members invited them to the dinner. Well they showed up and the guy smelled super super bad and they just walked in saying "yay free food." Well our members were ticked and would not have them destroying the hard work they put into the feast. So we made them this huge packet full of food and bread and treats and asked them politely to leave. Well they were so mad! and told our missionary, Elder Rose who is the brach President "I want to speak with the pastor." He then looks at them and says.. I am the pastor. They were so mad! so they finally leave after like 10 min. Then I had to run to the store.. on the way back I just said have a happy easter. Good day... Well then the lady starts freaking out and yelling and saying she is going to kick my butt! ha Then the members were really mad because she threatened me.. ha I just laughed! 
- We went to easter midnight mass! So cool! We went to one of the oldest churches in Galatis that is along the danube river! I made it home with my candle lit again this year so my sins are forgiven again! wahoo!!! It was a lot of fun! So many people out! 
- Sunday was fun.. we were kind of dead.... ha but we had sacrament meeting. Later that day all of us met and had crepes at the church and we had permission to watch a disney movie! it was a lot of fun! We watched wreck it ralph. I had never seen it so it was cute! 

I am really glad that we do have this time to reflect upon our Savior during Easter. I am so grateful that I came on my mission. I have learned so much and I am excited to just keep progressing. My mission is not the peak of my life. It was just a good jump start to the rest of my life! I love you all so much! I can't wait to see you and give you all big hugs and kisses on your cheeks... just like the Romanians do... be prepared for that! (lip stick all over your faces!) haha Have a great week! I love you all! 

va iubesc! 
cu mare drag, Sora Abby Polatis!
Katniss--on her way to Roberts in a few weeks!

I think that Primrose has to stay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment