Tuesday, April 15, 2014

HAHA yes that is right! I am training again!!! Last Tuesday we thought we were safe, so we came home from district meeting and starting cooking and planning out our next transfer together..........then the phone rang!! I was so sad to hear that Sister Kumar would transfer, then Elder Wilstead goes, and.....Congrats Sister Polatis, you are going to be a mother! Haha I hope my reaction is different when I have my own real kids, I think I about burst into tears! I wasnt really expecting that. But it actually hasn't been to bad! My companion is Sister Montemayor. She is 27 and from Pampanga. She is a nurse! HAHA All my companions are nurses. She is cool though. She speaks really great english so the training part isnt that bad. But she teaches in Tagalog, because she doesnt understand or speak ilonggo yet. So we both have to be so sensitive to the spirit to keep our teachings in unity but really it isnt bad! I have a feeling that my next couple weeks will just fly by!

So General Conference was great! I wanted to make it my most memorable because it was my last in the mission, But the District center is so far we just decided to download it and watch it in our church, well we ended up watching it in the clerks office. HAHA definitely memorable! I loved all the talks. I had a lot of questions in mind and most were answered. I liked the talk of Jeffrey R Holland! How we will have to stick up for what we believe. But also do it in the right way! Many times here we get a lot of comments and heckling, but if we continue just being Christ-like all will be fine! Heavenly Father will help us and if we keep it cool, people will see that we are all disciples of Jesus Christ! I was so impacted and am so excited to apply them in my missionary work as well as my life! 

This week we didn't really have that much proselyting time with coming from Bacolod and getting Sister Montemayor all settled in but we were able to get some lessons taught! We went to the Rivera family! One of the boys that is listening is 22! He really listens and wants to know what is right! He brought his friend in the listen as well! So I just felt something different in the lesson, I wasn't quite sure what was going on, So i asked if they had any questions and the friend starts asking questions about the Plan of Salvation! I think that he is baptist! Kind of debating with us, but as we moved on and talked about the spirit world he got really quiet and I couldn't really read him! Then he asked some questions but got silent again! So we finished up the lesson and he wanted to pray! He started to pray and he started to cry while he is praying, he just thanked Heavenly father that he has a plan for us after this life. He never told us what happened, just shook our hands and told us something inside him told him that what we said is true! I was so excited to teach him again, So we texted him to meet again, but he moved back to bacolod!!! But he responded again and in all caps "Dont worry Sis Polatis, I WILL FIND THE MISSIONARIES" It was a bittersweet moment I wanted to teach him but I know that he is in the Lords hands now and I cant wait for him to visit to see what happens! 

I am SO stoked for Greg and Kristin! Congrats to you and your family!! I am so so so excited! I will pray for a girl! (Hope thats ok) Mom, about school! Bahala na lang! Medyo subo na ako! Basta thats life!!! EITC na lang! You can apply there and I will just say my prayers. I heard something like carrying our burdens cheerfully and to be honest, I am cheerful!! Everything happens for a reason! I know that what I am doing right now is right! I know that when we dedicate our lives to the Lord we will be blessed. I am grateful to be training right now! I thought I would have smooth sailing my last little bit but I was wrong! President told me he put me in Cauayan to train and to build the area! It will be kind of hard but do-able!! I love you all and am so thankful for the letters! Miss you all but I will see you soon!!! Have a great week! Be good and Be safe!!!!----Tell Heidi thanks for the letter, and to tell Marley---No I didnt have time to go sledding, maybe next week:) HAHA Halong kamo da!!!

Love Sis Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment