Wednesday, May 21, 2014

    Wow!! I still can´t believe that Abby is home. Crazy stuff. I am really glad to hear that she is making the adjustment easily and loving life back at home. It was so good to see all of you too last week for Mothers day, you all looked really great!!!:) Mom I hope you had a fantastic day and know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have a Mom as great as you!! Thank you for everything!!:)
     Sheesh so Abby already had to give a talk eh? Man that sounds like some good pressure ha, but you gain so much knowledge on the mission about the gospel that you can just share it with everyone and share all the cool things that the Holy Ghost taught you and is still teaching you. This week has been a pretty decent week. We seriously cycle through investigators like crazy and they all have these crazy names so its really hard for me to keep them in order. It is such a relief though to be understanding the majority of what people are saying though:) Ha there are times when people respond and I just have to look at Elder Silva to save me and respond to whatever they just said haha. There are some Brazilians from the north that speak a million miles per hour and it is very difficult. My companion told me that he doesnt even understand what they are saying. We had a lesson with these young men who we met at a wedding, and this was like our 3rd lesson with them, and every lesson they bring one more friend so its great. The only problem is that with more friends comes a lot more questions so we are still on the restoration with them. I think the main problem is them seeing the importance of the Book of Mormon and reading it. So we are focusing on that with them because of course when you read the Book of Mormon you feel a different Spirit and a sense of Peace. It seems like with every one of our other investigators only one member of the marriage is interested and the other will not listen no matter what. so there has been a lot of trouble with get the whole family involved.
      Margarida, the lady that was baptized 2 weeks ago, still has not been confirmed!! She missed this Sunday to go on a trip with her daughter because her daughter is moving to St George today and I guess they wanted to spend some time together. She better for sure be there on Sunday or we might have to re-baptize her. Oh OH!! I got a call a couple days ago from Elder Witham in the zone of Ribirao Pires. And he told me that he was eating lunch in a members house and he saw this thing with a bunch of names of missionaries on it and he saw Elder Polatis, Idaho 2003-2005. Hahaha finally there is a trace of Greg here. I thought that was really cool. I hope I get to serve in an area where greg served. I think that I will only be with Elder Silva for one transfer because President told Elder Silva that I just need to learn the language and then I dont know from there. Our mission is really young so who knows. 
       I´m excited to get to hear from Elder Anderson this Wednesday:) It´ll be really cool to hear him speak portuguese and be able to understand him. I think it takes like an hour and a half to get there by public transportation so I dont know when we will get home for the night. Oh yea and I started taking the omeprazole again and it helps alot actually. I still think that there is something wrong with the thing that opens and closes from my throat to my stomach but it doesnt really bug, I just have to burp quite a bit, and so without the omeprazole acid was coming up and I think making my throat swell up. So now I feel great:)
       Well I´m so glad to here that all is well there and Abby made it home safe and sound:) This week is going to be a great one with new investigators and having people make it to church. I hope it is warming up there and that you all have a great week!! Love you all so much
Love Elder Polatis
SMILE  Jesus loves you!

Eldorado

No comments:

Post a Comment