Monday, April 8, 2013

No Conference til next week

Kamusta!! How is everyone doing this week? Well how was general conference?? Unfortunately we don't get to hear it until this next Saturday and Sunday  They do a re-broadcast! Pero, it will still be just as great I am sure! Well this week was pretty bomb actually! We baptized Sister Sylvia! She speaks some dang good English  But she is 19 years old and when we would teach he she always had the right answers and was always so willing to keep the commitments that we would give to her! She bore her testimony after she was baptized and it really was awesome! Such a good job! I was the chorister and I wasn't really paying attention just assumed that I knew the words and started singing quite loudly actually and I was singing the WRONG WORDS! I wondered why everyone stopped singing and it was because they were looking at me wondering where I was at HAHAHA kind of embarrassed and will look at the book next time! But all was well I just laughed  through it again!  We had a meeting on Wednesday, it was transfer week and so we got 1 new zone leader and 2 new missionaries, an elder and a sister! They seemed super excited! We have been making all our goals which is nice! Yesterday was our fast Sunday, and Jenboi, the 16 year old we recently baptized got up and bore his testimony! We were so shocked and he did a really good job! Well we have been teaching Sara, she is 16 and legit! She is dating one of the members in our ward! She hangs out with his sisters and has been doing personal progress!! When we heard that we got the biggest smiles in the whole world! She understands and she is getting baptized on April 13th!  We are also teaching 12 year old Nico! His sister was baptized last year and now he wants to! We have him scheduled for the 20th! He always is so smiley when we teach and he understands and can teach it back to us! Tuesday we were teaching fools! It was so nice, we didn't get punted once!!! HAHA and everyone was home! We started teaching the Book of Mormon! Having people start from the first and gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith and The BofM because that is the basis! You need both of those things in order to believe! We had noticed that a lot of people were relying on the pamphlets, which are good but mostly everything that is in the Pamphlet can be found in the BofM so that is our goal to search it out and find examples from there instead of giving the Pamphlets! So that is what we will be teaching for a little while and reading a lot more with the investigators and recent converts/LA's! It really has been a great experience! I read and pray so much more and really know that doing all the little things is what will bring us happiness and strengthen our testimonies! I study all the time the Book of Mormon and get different insights every time  I was actually reading in PMG one day because that is one of our mission goals to be a PMG scholar! It was the lesson about faith and I made a reference to Matt. 14 I believe (Sad i cant remember it now) But it is the story of Jesus Walking on water and Peter calls out to him and says that he wants to walk to, so he does then all the sudden he looks down and realizes what he is doing and he gets freaked out and starts to sink and calls out to the Savior to come and get him and I pictured Jesus a little sarcastic saying "Oh ye of little faith... Seriously where did your faith just go! I am here for you but sheesh you are doing it" So that is my take this week, not to lose my faith! Knowing that the Savior is reaching for me and knows that I am struggling with the language but is waiting for me to believe in myself and keep going and not looking down! And sometimes I think I do it! I feel so good and know what I am doing is right, then I started to get down on myself, PERO (BUT) that is stopping! I am finding me and learning how to trust is my goal this week!!!  Its so great! Life is just as usual! We try to work as hard as we can but enjoy all the days that we have! Well I love hearing from Everyone! Aunt Peg and Aunt Sands I get a letter from them almost every week! It is super nice! How was the HUNT?? I was telling Sister A all about it! How when we were growing up that is what we looked forward to and getting to search the farm for the most candy!! Good times!  I am so happy that Tate saw ole Kevin! Oh my gosh, Abby is like Living it up in Romania! Manicures, Shopping! Sister A and I are DYING for a pedi because our feet are so nasty! All those times I paid someone had I known I would have practiced on myself! We are also jealous of her apartment! So tell her not to worry, we wont compare missions! We have these huge cockroaches! OH MY WORD!! Big and they fly!!! I always swat them with the broom and they go soaring and it is sketch! We both are super scared of them but we want them dead! Almost like the time when you guys had that little bat in your house, that is how we react but it happens like 3 times or more a week hahahaha!! Super funny! We are still getting referrals from the members which is super super nice! Keep them coming!!! That seems to be the best because then these people already have friends!   I hear from almost everyone but them!!!, and Jaron! HAHAHA jokes I know everyone is busy! But that is about it!! We will continue to teach and work hard! I love and miss you all! Thanks for all the prayers and the letters! Mom, I will let you know when my package gets here! Hopefully monday!!  Keep a watch on all my credit card stuff and bank! Just so that It is safe! I will say if I withdrawal  money but who knows!! I love you all! Continue on and be safe!!! MMUUAAHH!!!!!!! Cant wait until next week!!! 
Love Sister Sarah Polatis! 


breakfast;) Yummy

Showing off my legs!!???

Our kitchen

Laundry day!


Bedroom

Our baptism this week--Sister Slyvia

Our new zone

No comments:

Post a Comment